In the early hours of the 12th of November 2016, an unfortunate incident occurred between music act Oritsefemi and a member of the security team at Club Quilox
In a surprising turn of events, Oristsemi who was drinking from the patrons bottle, threw caution to the wind by attempting to sit eight of his guests at the table, the surprised Patron strongly rejected such effrontery and invited the bouncer guarding the floor to intervene .The bouncer politely approached Oritsefemi and told him that the Patron who owned the table did not want any of Oritsefemi’s guest joining in as the patrons guests were still being expected. However Oristefemi in a fit of unprovoked rage slapped the bouncer then proceeded to breaking a glass in his hand and stabing him in the eye. Despite his position or the power he thinks he has as a celebrity, this is not an excuse for inflicting grave bodily harm on another human being. The scene quickly became rowdy as other customers rushed to the table and confronted the artist for his violent behavior, our security team quickly stepped in to salvage the situation by carrying Oristefemi out of the club (this is our standard procedure for violent altercations) while other members of staff focused on giving First aid treatment to the bouncer who almost lost his eye and had already lost so much blood. Oristefemi faced by an enraged crowd outside and perhaps realizing the gravity of his offense pretended to collapse. The artist and the bouncer were subsequently rushed to a nearby hospital
The bouncer affected insisted on pressing charges as thus he and Oritsefemi went from the hospital Bar Beach police station, where Oritsefemi accepted his offense and pleaded for mercy, he was granted bail at 12pm on the 13th of November and advised to report back to the station on Tuesday 15th of November 2016. We were hesitant to release a press statement as several well meaning people have attempted to intercede on behalf of the artist but after his malicious and grossly false account of the events that occured, it is only fair that we defend the integrity and ethos of our organization
– Quilox is the number one luxury lifestyle brand in Nigeria, all areas of our establishment are premium as thus the allegation of denying access of certain people to certain areas is completely unfounded. this particular issue happened on a table of six at the upstairs part of the club not in the entire VIP area.
– Quilox treats all our patrons with the utmost respect and dignity, our professionalism and uncompromising customer service is what has kept us at the peak for so long, the poorly worded statement by Oritsefemi’s media team claiming our CEO made derogatory remarks towards our loyal clientele(A list celebrities) is reasons best known to him, because instead of taking responsibility for his actions, him and his management are looking for artists support, and to what cause?
– Club Quilox did not press charges against the artist despite his unruly behavior at our establishment, however the bouncer in question has signified his intention to pursue his fundamental human rights due to the grave bodily harm that befell him.
– The music industry veteran – Sound Sultan is a member of the Quilox family and cousin to our CEO as thus it is impossible for him to be treated in the manner Oritsefemi implied, as a matter of fact he was one of those who quickly diffused the situation before it got out of hand
– Club Quilox prides itself on the premium luxury lifestyle experience we provide our patrons, we abhor violence and do not support or condone any such acts on our premises.
– Oristefemi did not report ANY missing jewelry in his statement at the Bar beach Police Station neither did he make any reports to the management of Club Quilox
Attached are graphic pictures and a video of the bouncer Oritsefemi assaulted and also a picture of Oritefemi at the hospital before he was taken to the police station, with the said weapon included.
We thank our members and patrons for their unrelenting loyalty and custom as we assure them of their continued safety and comfort at Club Quilox
Jessica Ulo Oputa
PR and Marketing Manager Quilox